Thursday, July 16, 2009

Un día tipica

¡Hola a todos!

I thought I would write a little blog entry of a typical week day for me here.

I usually wake up around 7:00am to get ready for school. My host mom wakes up around 7:30 to make me desayuno (breakfast). I always get a bowl of hot milk (yes, I said a bowl) with Cola Cao (cocoa) mixed in it. So it´s basically like hot chocolate, but not as good. I get cookies and jam to eat with the Cola Cao and a glass of juice. I leave the house around 8:00 and walk 10 minutes to the metro station. I get off the metro a couple stops later and take a 15 minute walk to school. I love the walk to school because I get to see some really nice shops, the Guggenheim museum and the ría (river). It's gorgeous.

My culture and politics class starts at 8:40 and goes till 9:55. After that I have a 3 hour break before my Literatura Española del Siglo XX class. I usually go to the computer lab at that time to check my email and such. My second class is only an hour, but then on Mondays and Wednesdays I have seminar that goes from 4:45 until 7:30 (yuck!). So on the days that I get done with class at 2:00 I usually go home to have almuerzo (lunch) and the days I have seminar I prefer to pack a lunch (well, my host mom packs it). Almuerzo is the biggest meal of the day which is usually a soup and then a second course. Since I don't like fish, I usually have some kind of meat for the second course.

I eat Cena (dinner) around 8:00 at night and that's a little smaller than almuerzo. Some of the dishes I've had for dinner include patatas fritas (french fries) con un huevo (egg), chicken sausages, or meatballs.

My host mom takes her dog Luna out for a walk from 8:00 until 10:00 at night so I get to have some time to myself which I enjoy. I try to go to bed at a decent hour so I can get up early for school!

And that's a typical day!

¡Hasta luego!

P.S. I have a ton of pictures from Pamplona but for some reason they aren't showing up on Picasa. I will try and work on that today, and hopefully they will be up soon, because they are really cool!

No comments:

Post a Comment