Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Última semana en España

I'm looking forward to lunch today because my Spanish professor from Grand Valley is finally here! She was supposed to be with us for our entire trip, but became ill. I think she just got here yesterday. I got to see her for a second and say hello. She is my favorite Spanish professor that I've had so far, and it will be nice to see a familiar face who is a native of Bilbao.

Today I'm going to go to the residence hall to eat lunch with her and other Grand Valley students. It will be nice to catch up!

This week has been moving pretty slowly and I think I'm ready to leave Spain. I've had an amazing time here and I've had so many great experiences. But I've been missing my family a lot lately. My Mom is a great listener and lets me talk to her as long as I want, and Poppy gives the best hugs. I could really use one right about now! My home stay experience hasn't been that great but it has definitely taught me to appreciate my home in Grand Rapids. I love you Mom and Poppy!

As much as I'm ready to go home, I'm going to make the best of this last week I have left. I'm hoping to go to Salamanca with friends for the weekend so that will be a great way to end my stay here in Spain. And I still have Paris left on my schedule! :)

I'll continue to keep everyone updated!

¡Hasta!

No comments:

Post a Comment