Thursday, July 2, 2009

Estoy en Bilbao!

¡Hola a todos!

I´m currently in Bilbao and today will be my second full day here. So much has happened already since Madrid and Segovia. Madrid is a beautiful city but it reminds me a lot of New York. Segovia is also really beautiful but it´s more like old Spain. We got to see the famous aqueduct and a huge palace (Alcatráz). We got to climb up the tower and from there you can see all of Segovia. I really wish I could put up pictures but I won´t be able to until I can bring my computer to campus because my homestay doesn´t have internet.

Bilbao is also a beautiful city. It still has an old part but within the past few years it has become very contemporary with the Guggenheim museum and Museo de los obres bellas (I think). The shopping here is going to be awesome! There are so many stores it´s crazy. I can´t wait to take the time to go!

Today we are going to Plentzia which is a beach nearby. The weather isn´t really that great today, but hopefully it will get better by the time we leave. Tomorrow we start classes and I hope I tested into the ones I want!

As far as my homestay, Amelia is a very sweet older lady who loves to talk. She is constantly talking to me and telling me the most random stories. So far it´s been interesting living with her but hopefully it will improve. So far I´ve really enjoyed the food here except that I have yet to adjust to the schedule of meals. We usually have a medium sized breakfast early in the morning and then we don´t eat lunch until 2. Then dinner isn´t until 8 or 9 so by then I´m usually pretty hungry.

Well I think that´s all I´ll write for now so I don´t overwhelm you all!

¡Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment